Wednesday, June 17, 2009

She's Here!!

Okay, so I'm really tired so I'll be quick, but here's Ellie! Sunday morning I woke up at 5:00am not feeling so good, and 10 hours later she was here. Born at 2:59pm at 7lbs 14oz and 20.5 inches long. I have to say that we've been a little selfish and only us and the hospital staff have seen her, but we'll be ready for visitors soon! Thanks to everyone who has called and left messages and sent texts. This mommy thing is waaaaayyyyy harder than I was expecting, but I promise we want to show her off to the world! She has my blue eyes and long neck and her dad's hair color and very round head. She does have hair though! Not a ton, but on the back of her head it has to be close to 2cm long. With her big eyes, round head and long neck, she kind of reminds me of a mix between a turtle and E.T., but she's the cutest baby I've ever seen. With some of Jared's family coming in town and still settling down, I think this Saturday is the day for visitors, so if you want to come, call me and let me know!! Please call me! I feel terrible that we didn't invite anyone to the hospital, but I'm ready to show her off.






































7 comments:

Eric and Sara said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and Ellie is a darling name.

Michelle said...

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!! Cannot wait to meet her in person. Hang in there Brittany . . . every day gets just a little bit easier. Congratulations!!

HDVB said...

SHE IS SO DARLING!!! I love those big eyes!!! No worries about not having visitors yet, there's a LOT going on for you two right now you definitely need time for the big transition!
You guys are fabulous parents! (I love the video of the bath and hearing you two talking to her - SO priceless!)
Congratulations again!

Jenni girl said...

Could she have come at a better time? Congratulations! It is so exciting. I've been thinking about you guys and can't wait to meet beautiful Ellie!
Congrats! Jenni Harris

Mandi said...

I can't believe you are a MOM!!!! When did you grow up? She is adorable. I wish I could come by on Saturday and see her.

Please give her snuggles and kisses for me! Love you all,

Auntie Mandi

Sarah Ann said...

Wow - she is such a cutie! Good job guys. You will be great parents. Good luck with all the "firsts"!

Taryn said...

Congrats you guys! Ellie is darling and we need to come see her. Hope you are feeling good anb getting a little sleep.